To get the Insights (reach, clicks, views, etc) for an Instagram profile, it has to be set as Business instead as Personal.
A guide, how to switch your Personal Instagram profile to a Business profile, is listed by Instagram on https://help.instagram.com/502981923235522. A part of this switch is to connect one of your Facebook fanpages (you have to be an admin of it) with your Instagram profile.
Due to an issue in the Facebook API, it could happen, that you are not able to get the Insights through third party provider like Fanpage Karma, even if it seems, that all requirements are completed.
Until Facebook will fix this bug in its own API, please use this tested workaround:
1. Go to Facebook, open the settings of your fanpage, that should be connected with your issued Instagram profile, click the selection of Instagram in the overview.
The url is https://www.facebook.com/YOUR_FANPAGE/settings/?tab=instagram_management .
2. Scroll down to the end and click on Disconnect Instagram Account.
3. Start the Instagram App on your mobile phone, select your profile and open its profile view (bio).
4. In this view you will find the Edit profile button, click on it. Please do not open the settings of the profile/app.
5. In section Business Informationen the connected fanpage is shown.
6. If the selected fanpage is not correct, select the correct one and save your change.
7. If the already selected fanpage is the correct one, select a different one, that is available on this list or create a new one, using the option of the Instagram app.
8. Repeat the numbers 1 & 2 of this workaround. Please note to do so for the Facebook fanpage, that you’ve selected/created in step 7.
9. Repeat the numbers 3 until 6, select the correct fanpage in step 6 and save it.